**Every week, one author or blogger will share 10 fun facts with us. If you would like to be featured, email me at melvautour(at)hotmail(dot)com.**
I'm really excited to have GMR here today. She has been very supportive of my blog since the very beginning. :))
So here it goes, 10 fun facts about book blogger GMR from Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers :
1. I am an avid reader and...
2. ...I receive books from wonderful publishers, big and small, to read and review
3. I do not always like the books that I've read so..
4. ...my reviews are both positive and negative; a little constructive criticism from the reading audience never hurt.
5. Despite the fact I receive books, I still buy books (even if it's just one) every month which means....
6. ...my TBR pile is ever growing; I'll get to them one day!
7. I have a hard time saying no to a good deal or sale, especially if it involves books.
8. I've been known to pick up hobbies for a while and then discard them having either lost the talent or interest. One year, I thought I would take up drawing and created a pretty good if I do say so myself rendition of Winnie the Pooh with Piglet fast asleep on a moon in a starry sky. Even had a request to create a color version for a friend's nursery. Dropped it for a while and yeah, the skill doesn't seem to have stuck.
9. The closest to actual writing I've done besides my book reviews and blog posts is poetry. Even had a few make it into one of those published anthology type books (for amateurs of course). Only thing is, I can't just make one on the spot....they are mostly emotionally driven, so it's not uncommon to find me with a pen in hand when feeling really happy, sad, mad, etc.
10. I'm actually a rather shy person....hard to believe, right? For those that have come to know me better man (wait, that's partially from A Christmas Carol... anywho...)....it's probably easier to see...
Thanks for sharing! I'm like you on good book deals. I can't resist them. No one in my family understands why I still buy books when I have so many I haven't read yet. You can never have too many books. Am I right? :))
You should consider posting some of your poems. I would love to read them. :)
Make sure to check out GMR's lovely blog for honest reviews, great interviews and cool giveaways.